Contact Info

The best way to contact me is by the ancient method of e-mail.

Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Ohio River Monster




  August 21, 1955, A Bizarre Incident allegedly took place in the Ohio River between Henderson, Kentucky and Evansville, Indiana that we need to take a look at here .As I stated in my Article on Indian Head Rock, The Ohio River actually is KY territory up to the water line. So even since this case involves people swimming in the river from the Indiana side it is still a KY case. I have always suggested to people do not go into water where you can’t see the bottom. You never know what is in there. This particular Case involves a woman named Mrs. Naomi Johnson and she had a - to this day ,still unexplained encounter with what she claimed was a creature beneath the surface of  the water While taking a swim in the Ohio River. She had with her that day a friend and witness and her children who were hanging around on the safety of the bank.At one point ,as she swam out to about 15-feet away  Johnson said that she was suddenly clutched around the knee from below by what felt like a large rubbery claw-like hand. whatever it was tried to yank her down and would not let go no matter how much she  struggled to disengage herself .Her companion was on the shore and could only watch in fear as Johnson flapped her arms and gasped for breath in the river.



 Just before she went totally under Mrs. Johnson managed to kick her leg free and then headed for the shore, but almost instantly she was seized again, this time her ankle.
 A nearby inner tube helped her to stay afloat and finally the hand retreated back into the murky depths. Finally Exiting the river Mrs. Johnson was treated for Bruises at which point it was discovered that she had a greenish, slimy ,palm-print on her leg. Even Stranger the green print left a stain that  could not be removed and only went away after several days. Johnson the next day stated to news reporters that the incident solidified her decision to never go swimming in the Ohio ever again and I sure bet she didn't.

6 comments:

  1. When I was a boy of around 8yrs old I am now 55. My father and I was down in muhlenberg co. Ky near central city, we were down by the green river going to do a little fishing like many, many times before,as we walked down to the bank we saw this thing coming out of the water at us. I had never seen anything like it and my dad who was scared of nothing saw it at the same time. I was scared to death and my father"s eyes got big,he said let's get out of here now, we took off back to the truck and left. We never discussed it much over the years but we had never saw anything like it. It looked like a kind of preying mantis and creature from the black lagoon. It had slime hanging from it and it was a greenish and black color. We only saw it from the waist up I really couldn't tell you how tall it was but what was sticking up was around at least 7ft. Out of the water. I've never seen anything like it again and I fish the river a lot, but I always keep an eye out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your story sounds suspiciously like a creepypasta I read awhile ago. Almost word for word

      Delete
    2. Yeah, and I found the horse with no name.

      Delete
  2. I need more prove to write a script for a movie.

    ReplyDelete